ANNOUNCING OPPORTUNITY FOR ROAL TO TAKE LEADERSHIP…
Calling all Teen Leaders!
The ROA STARS Foundation’s Reserve Force Teen Panel serves as the voice for Reserve youth among today’s senior Reserve leaders. Work with fellow teens to develop innovative programs and opportunities to meet the needs of today’s Reserve teens and youth.
Teens interested in participating on the Reserve Force Teen Panel must meet the following criteria prior to submitting an application for consideration:
- Be a citizen of the United States and between the ages of 13 and 16 years old as of October 1, 2015.
- Be a family member (son or daughter) of a Reservist. The parent may be of any rank, and must serve in one of the following branches: Air Force Reserve, Army Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air National Guard, or Army National Guard.
- Be a member in good standing in the civilian community.
- Have a grade point average of “C” (or the equivalent grade point in a 4.0 grade point scale) or better in school, both during application process and during their term.
- Be able to participate in quarterly meetings via web conferences.
- Maintain regular contact via email and phone with other Reserve Teen Panelists members and complete briefings and actions (i.e., write articles, update web page, newsletter, etc.).
- Serve at least 20 hours of community/volunteer service at Reserve Family Programs events, various military-affiliated, and/or other community events in support of Reserve connected youth and others.
- Be comfortable with working in a small group.
- Be mature, responsible and organized.
Teens must submit an application form along with a written essay and a copy of their most recent report card. Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the ROA STARS Foundation to assess an applicant’s ability to meet basic criteria, leadership criteria, and responsibilities.
Applications may be emailed or mailed to the ROA STARS Foundation
by 11:59pm (EST) on August 31, 2015
ROA STARS Foundation
Attn: Reserve Force Teen Panel
1 Constitution Ave. NE
Washington, DC 20002-6518
First Reserve Force Teen Panel scheduled to meet in October 2015.